Enjoy the Festive Season
The Festive Season has arrived! It’s a time filled with many social gatherings, copious amounts of food, drink and lots of laughter. However sticking to your health goals at this time of year is not as hard as you may think. The key is preparation and knowing your limits.
It’s a time of year when sticking to your usual healthy routine is paramount to your success. Morning exercise, a healthy breakfast and a nutritious lunch daily will see you in good stead both physically and mentally.
Some tips to keep you feeling good:
- Have at least 2Litres of water daily
- Good quality sleep – keep your normal sleep and waking cycles as much as possible
- Keep snacks in your handbag – nuts and seeds, protein balls to keep you satisfied
- Take a homemade lunch daily – salad and tuna, salad wraps, quinoa and vegies.
- Keep alcohol to a minimum, try mocktails for a delicious body loving option
- If you are drinking, have a glass of water between each alcoholic beverage
- Watch your portion sizes when eating out, and really savour every mouthful that you have. Notice colours, textures and flavours of the food.
- Have some quiet time each day. Meditation, reflection, solitude. This helps you maintain your sanity, increase energy, and allows you to be present and further enjoy social times.
- Daily exercise also helps to keep your happy hormones pumping. It’ll help keep your digestive system healthy, halt weight gain, promote good sleep and put a smile on your dial.
Contact our Wellness clinic in View St on 5443 4610